Exciting opportunities tailored to postdocs and early-stage investigators within the CTSA UL1 grant at Rutgers University.
- Career MODE applications are now open for our NIH/NIGMS funded 11-month supplemental omics and data science mentorship program. The program is open nationwide and half of the cohort will participate for free.
- SHARP scholarship applications open November 20 to cover at least 50% of registration fees for intensive summer trainings in omics, data science, climate and professional development.
Career MODE Program Overview
Funded by the NIH/NIGMS, the innovative ‘Career MODE’ (Careers through Mentoring and training in Omics and Data for Early-stage investigators) training program is recruiting a diverse cohort of early-stage Investigators from across the nation. The program will entail:
- A hybrid (in-person and virtual) 11-month program aimed to supplement careers of current postdocs/newly appointed faculty in biomedical sciences to assist with their path towards an independent research career.
- Intensive Omics and Data Science Training; Grant writing training for submitting successful applications as a PI; Leadership and management skills training needed for managing a successful lab.
- Mentored research with two hand-selected internationally recognized leaders that will contribute new scientific directions, ideas, and technical advice for project success.
- Check your eligibility. Required 8 hours per month time commitment. There is a nominal fee to participate, but at least 50% of the cohort will have the participation fee waived by receiving a scholarship.
- Application Deadline: February 2, 2024. Visit the Career MODE website for further details and subscribe for Career MODE updates.
SHARP Program Overview
The Skills for Health and Research Professionals (SHARP) Program offers 1-4 day trainings in omics, data science, climate and professional development.
- Geared towards early-career faculty and postdocs.
- Offered in a variety of in-person, virtual, and hybrid formats.
- Scholarship applications will open on November 20 for the summer trainings, with a deadline of February 29, 2024. These scholarship awards cover at least 50% of the registration fee, increasing the accessibility and participation of early-stage researchers and professionals in learning in-demand field methods.
- Subscribe to the email list to receive occasional announcements about registration opening and new training opportunities.
Both Career MODE and the SHARP Program are open to individuals from any organization and have limited capacities. Feel free to share these opportunities with anyone that may be interested.