University Hospital and New Jersey Medical School (NJMS) are, through their joint FDA-approved convalescent plasma program, collecting plasma donations from patients who have recovered from COVID-19 and infusing it into patients still struggling to fight off the virus. Marc Klapholz, chair of NJMS” Department of Medicine and the hospital’s chief of medical service, explains that the presumed antibodies in the plasma may improve seriously ill patients’ chances for survival. To read the full article.
- Rutgers Scientists Develop Method to Detect Deadly Infectious Diseases.
- Rutgers Health Regional Biocontainment Lab Plans Renovation and Expansion.
- NJACTS Community Engagement Core Available Services
- Health clinic in Plainfield doubles its care for the uninsured.
- CDC panel approves revised COVID-19 vaccine.