One day in March, Diana Berrent woke up with a fever and “felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest.” An international photographer and mom of two who lives in a New York City suburb, Berrent found out she had a moderate case of COVID-19. “I was sick for a couple of weeks but recovered at home with Tylenol and Gatorade,” she says. That’s hardly the end of her story. Soon after, Berrent founded Survivor Corps, a social media–based group of patients determined to improve their own health, educate the public, and aid the scientific community in efforts to better understand the novel coronavirus. To read the full story.
- Rutgers Scientists Develop Method to Detect Deadly Infectious Diseases.
- Rutgers Health Regional Biocontainment Lab Plans Renovation and Expansion.
- NJACTS Community Engagement Core Available Services
- Health clinic in Plainfield doubles its care for the uninsured.
- CDC panel approves revised COVID-19 vaccine.