Aging in New Jersey is a challenge, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, which proved deadly for more than 8,000 residents and staff at nursing homes here. NJ Spotlight News hosted a virtual roundtable discussion on Dec. 16 with four experts in long-term care, who talked about booster shots and infection control, efforts to strengthen the health care workforce, and the need for more funding in the long-term care system. Read the Full Article.
- What to know about the upcoming flu season, vaccine
- Beyond the Opioid Epidemic: Scientist Seeks to Develop non-Addictive Treatment for Pain.
- Avoiding a “Tripledemic” This Winter.
- Overdose deaths from fentanyl combined with stimulants increased 50-fold since 2010.
- Flu season is approaching. Here’s what to expect in N.J.