Data compiled by the CDC highlights multiple weaknesses in the system of care for new mothers, from obstetricians who are not trained (or paid) to look for signs of mental trouble or addiction, to policies that strip women of health coverage shortly after they give birth. Read the Full Article
- Beyond the Opioid Epidemic: Scientist Seeks to Develop non-Addictive Treatment for Pain.
- Avoiding a “Tripledemic” This Winter.
- Overdose deaths from fentanyl combined with stimulants increased 50-fold since 2010.
- Sober socializing, a growing movement in New Jersey.
- Register for the NJ ACTS Biostatisics, Epidemiolgy, Research Design Workshop Series on 10/19 for