COVID-19 Data Analytics Platform
NCATS National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) Data Enclave is a centralized and secure data platform, featuring powerful analytics capabilities for online discovery, visualization and collaboration. The data are robust in scale and scope and are transformed into a harmonized data set to help scientists study COVID 19.The goal is to collect and make available vast amounts of clinical data for speeding research and improving patient care. The Data Enclave is open to academic researchers, clinicians, and citizen scientists.The N3C Data Enclave is not a search engine. It is a secure platform to remotely study complex questions using m/billions of data points.
N3C Public Health Browser
N3C recently launched the Public Health Browser, which provides snapshots of high-value health data for policy makers, investigators, and entrepreneurs to facilitate further research questions for better health outcomes.
With the launch of the Public Health Browser, aggregate summary data is now available for stakeholders to access sample sizes of relevant data cohorts without requesting access to the N3C Data Enclave, which can only be accessed through a secure cloud portal.
The ten dashboards that are currently available in the Public Health Browser include:
- Summary Data: a snapshot of all COVID+ patients in the N3C Data Enclave, including demographics, comorbidities, and vaccination counts.
- Pediatrics Summary Data: a snapshot of COVID+ patients under the age of 18 in the N3C Data Enclave, including demographics, comorbidities, and vaccination counts.
- Medications: a list of medications of interest and counts for the COVID+ patients in the N3C Data Enclave for each of the prescribed medications.
- Cumulative and Average COVID+ Cases: Daily and cumulative COVID+ patient counts in the N3C Data Enclave and seven-day rolling averages.
- COVID+ Reinfection: infection and reinfection data for COVID+ patients in the N3C Data Enclave.
- Regional Distribution of COVID+ Patients: incidence of COVID+ patients in the N3C Data Enclave over nine geographical regions.
- Diabetes Mellitus: a snapshot of pediatric and adult COVID+ patients in the N3C Data Enclave with Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type 2.
- Smoking: a snapshot of all COVID+ patients in the N3C Data Enclave, aggregated by demographics, severity, and smoking status.
- Disease Snapshots: a snapshot of the COVID+ patients in the N3C Data Enclave with select comorbidities, including cancer, congestive heart failure, dementia, diabetes, diabetes with complications, HIV, hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH), liver disease (mild), liver disease (severe), metastasis, myocardial infarction, paralysis, peptic ulcer disease, peripheral vascular disease, pulmonary disease, renal disease, rheumatologic disease, and stroke.
- Cumulative Participant Data: provides the counts of the cumulative demographics data for all patients in the N3C Data Enclave. A downloadable spreadsheet is available.
N3C Updated Dashboard, Phenotype Tool and Datasets
|View and analyze data in our secure N3C Data Enclave. The data include harmonized de-identified information from electronic health records. The Data Enclave is open to academic researchers, clinicians, and citizen scientists. Register for an account now!
|N3C Phenotype Tool
|Explore demographics, comorbidities, labs and meds for different phenotypes. Register for an account now!
|N3C External Datasets
|A list of public datasets that have been ingested into the N3C Data Enclave, along with their associated metadata, can be viewed after logging into the External Dataset entry of the Data Catalog. External datasets that are openly available to the public for download can be ingested into the N3C Data Enclave by request.
N3C Orientation Sessions, Domain Teams and How to Get Involved with N3C
Session A – (Recommended before attending Session B)
Session B – (Completion of Session A is recommended)
|Rural Health DT
The Rural Health Domain Team seeks to understand the epidemiology, utilization, treatment, and outcomes of the COVID-19 pandemic in rural communities.COVID-19 Vaccination
The goal of this Domain Team is to study the impact of vaccinations in combating the COVID-19 pandemic.
|How to Get Involved with N3C
Register with N3C: https://labs.cd2h.org/registration/
Kinds of Questions N3C Can Address
• Do some therapies work better than others? By region? By demographic?
• Can we predict who might have severe outcomes if they have COVID-19?
• Can we predict acute renal failure in COVID+ patients?
• Who might need a ventilator because of lung failure?
• Why are some people asymptomatic?
• What kind of long-term health consequences will people need to know about?
• Can this research help prioritize people who should be immunized first when a vaccine is ready?
• Does diabetes/fasting glucose increase risk of morbidity and mortality of COVID-19 diagnoses?
• Can we compare rates of infectivity within school-aged children prior to school reopening and after?
• What other health factors increase risk for COVID (smoking, alcohol, prior surgeries, environment (zip codes + pollution)?
• What social determinants of health are risk factors for mortality?