RSDM Clinical Research Center
The RSDM Clinical Research Center (CRC) provides centralized facilities for investigators at RSDM to conduct dental clinical research. The CRC supports current research activities and expansion, as well as provides a facility within which to train and develop faculty and graduate residents interested in pursuing clinical research projects. The facility has successfully attracted several research projects from sponsors such as Colgate and Celgene with funding that has steadily increased for the past several years.
RSDM CRC complements the school’s state-of-the-art facilities to perform clinical research in a wide range of areas, from developing electronic powered toothbrushes to NIH-funded research, such as studying opioid alternatives to manage oral pain.
Location and Description
The CRC is located on the Newark Campus in suite D800 at 110 Bergen Street.
The space is approximately 1500 square feet and consists of the following:
- A clinical area that holds 4 standard and fully equipped dental procedure operatories,
- A conference room,
- A reception area,
- Administrative offices,
- A dedicated data collection room with multiple workstations.
Services and Equipment
- Scheduling and reserving operatory use,
- Regulating security, safety, and cleanliness of facility,
- Ensuring a receptionist is onsite whenever the CCR is in use for patient subjects in order to provide front desk/reception services,
- Assistance with IRB and funding applications (RAPSS).
The facility is equipped with:
- 2 intra-oral x-ray machines,
- A biorepository lab storage,
- A materials lab.